Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Lovin'

After a horrendous month of a messy trial and some long nights writing post trial briefing, the boss lady surprised us with some lovely comp time. I do love me some comp time.

I took last Thursday off and slept practically all day, so by Friday I was ready for some fun. Translation: wine. And Lots Of It.

By the time my husband came home, I was 3/4 of the way through a Vega Sindoa Rosé. I don't care what anyone says, there's nothing more refreshing than a cold glass or four of crisp rosé on a hot summer day.

One of my roommates from law school, a petite freckled sprite from Canada with a French accent, taught me a great trick for rosé:

Glass full of ice
3/4 Rosé
1/4 Soda Water
1 twist lemon peel
Stir

I always feel a little guilty when I do this with wine, even cheap wine, but I don't care, it's yummy.

I had already put out a tray of olives, sweet pickles, nuts, and pita with hummus, but when a friend of ours dropped by unexpectedly, I added a small mountain of tomato ciabatta bread, and neat, pink rows of chorizo and serrano ham. Four hours later, we were were stuffed, laughing, and starting our third bottle of garnache. Glorious.

I finally feel like it's summer...better late than never, right?!

Until next time, Buen Provecho!

No comments: